Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Finally, Some Power!!!

Last Saturday John and I went on an adventure to Yongsan (Electronics capitol of SK)to find a power converter so we could hook up all our electronics. SK runs on 110V while back home its 220V. This crazy box does the conversion and allows me to use all my toys (ie laptop, ipod etc).

We hopped on the subway at Miguem station which is maybe a 2min walk from our place, transfered 3 times and made it to Yongsan. The Subway system is one of the largest in the world yet one of the easiest to use. Everything is bilingual (Korean, English) and signs are posted everywhere. It's impossible to get lost. Well almost impossible. During our transfers we noticed a big trend in male fashion here. Pink Purses!!! (I couldn't get a better pic but his GF had her own purse) Check it out.

Back to Yongsan, there are literally 100's of shops in this electronics mall (it's almost like a flee market but way nicer). Here you can bargain for anything from extension cords to plasma t.v.'s. Very interesting. So we ended up finding our converter for about 20,000 won (about $23CAD) and bought a set of speakers too for about the same price.

We took the hour subway ride back home and explored Bungdang (the city where we live). Tons of restaurants, bars, and shops. Really cool. Here's a sample.

Anyways, I'll be back with a post about our first day at school... umm work.

- Tommy

2 comments:

the_main said...

lol... yeah I read that too and though wtf?

Miron

Tommy_W said...

Alright, lets just settle down with the 'point-out-Tommy's-mistakes movement here'. I know I made a mistake and this site is not letting me edit my posts for some reason.